With Autumn comes a whole new list of fun things to do around Central OH. From leaf peeping, pumpkin patching and apple picking to frights, pumpkin spice and fall bites -there’s so much to do before the snow flies! Here are some must do activities to add to your Columbus bucket list this Fall:
Ultimate Buffalo Fall Bucket List
1. Go Apple Picking- Pick your own apples at a local apple orchard, such as Lynd Fruit Farm, The Orchard and Company, and CherryHawk Farm Apple Orchard in Marysville. Check out our full guide to apple orchards here!
2. Go Pumpkin Picking- Visit a pumpkin farm to find your orange canvas to carve the perfect jack-o’lantern. Explore favorites like Lohstroh Family Farms, Lehner’s Pumpkin Farm, and Freeman’s Farm – they typically have a lot of fun available for kiddos as well!
4. Find Your Fall Signature Drink- It’s no secret that fall brings the best bevs – both alcoholic and non. Maybe you need your pumpkin spice latte fix every morning, maybe you just can’t get enough pumpkin beer, or maybe craft cocktails are your jam. There are so many great spots to drink local!
5. Make a trip to Hocking Hills- Fall is the best time of year for a Hocking Hills adventure filled with vibrant foliage. Take a hike to Cantwell Cliffs, go see the falls Cedar Falls, explore Old Man’s Cave, or rent an airbnb like The Box Hop to feel immersed in the scenic views.
6. Attend a Fall Fest- Get the whole family together to enjoy a day of fall-themed fun. There’s tons of festivals happening this season, find a list of them happening this weekend and beyond here!
8. Visit a *Real* Haunted Place – Want something a bit more authentically haunted? Visit the Thurber House and keep an eye out for the figure who supposedly haunts it!
9. Celebrate Oktoberfest– Hit up one of one of the many Oktoberfest celebrations happening this month and beyond this fall season – Check out our full list here!
10. Hunt Down the Best Homemade Apple Cider Donuts in Town – If you’re not looking for the chance to get your hands on one or 30 these heavenly donuts, you’re missing out!
11. Go on a Guided Haunted Walk/Tour/Pub Crawl- Book a tour to experience some haunting stories and possibly some paranormal activity. Get spooked on one of these Haunted Tours and Walks!
12. Go on a Fall-themed or Haunted Hayride – Something about tractors and creepy dirt paths make haunted hayrides extra frightening. There are plenty of options to choose from including Fear Forest Haunted House and Hayride, and Young’s Haunted Wagon Rides and Corn Maze!
13. Take a Foliage Filled Hike- Seeing the leaves change colors makes for a picture-perfect backdrop while hiking. We’ve got some popular hiking spots worth checking out here.
14. Attend a Theater Show – Theater is back in Columbus, baby! Don’t let this theater season go by without attending a show at one of the many local performance theaters across Central OH.
15. Have a Last Chance Bonfire- Tell scary stories and roast s’mores around the campfire before the entire city is covered in feet of snow for months.
16. Drink Some Fresh Cider- Nothing’s quite as crisp as fresh-pressed cider in autumn. Get your fill at Hugu’s Fruit Farm!
17. Have a Magical Movie Marathon- If you don’t already own them, you can rent, stream, or tune in to a TV special to watch Hocus Pocus, Friday the 13th, Halloweentown, Casper, It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, The Addams Family, Jeepers Creepers, all the Harry Potters, and several other classics.
18. Get Lost in a Corn Maze- Navigate your way through the twists and turns with your kids and family friends at Lynd Fruit Farm through their 8-acre corn maze and find the hidden treasures! Check out our full list of corn mazes here!
19. Host a Friendsgiving- Invite your family over, prepare all your favorite dishes, and restock your liquor cabinet to enjoy an evening of friendship and gratitude.
20. Take a Fall Drive – Why not take advantage of the fact that you live in a state that gets beautiful fall colors? Take a scenic fall drive and enjoy the vibrant fall leaves.
21. Hop On a Fall Foliage Train Ride – If you want to cherish peak autumn with an unmatched experience – there’s truly no better way to soak in the sights than a fall foliage train ride like this one with Hocking Valley Scenic Railway.
22. Enjoy a Murder Mystery Experience – From dinner parties to bus tours, there are multiple exciting (and legal) ways to find yourself in the middle of a murder mystery this season.
Did one of these places close? Send us a note!